At Monkston Primary School we use the Pupil Premium funding for the following initiatives:
- smaller class sizes in year 6 allowing for PP children to receive targeted support from the class teacher;
- interventions across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 to support reading, writing and maths to boost progress and ensure pupils are meeting age related expectations;
- year 6 after school tuition groups in English and maths;
- enrichment opportunities for all PP children to attend Year 4 and Year 6 residential at a heavily subsidised rate;
- all school trips are fully funded for PP children ensuring they take part in enriching curriculum activities;
- music tuition for pupils in Year 3 – 6 is fully funded;
- PP children are entitled to half price after school club activities if a fee is applicable; and
- 1:1 Play therapy can be provided for pupils with significant emotional / well-being needs.
Eligibility is based on one of the following benefits :
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To complete an application you will need to provide:
- Your own name and date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number or National Asylum Seekers Number
- Child's name and date of birth
- School your child is attending/will attend.
How do I apply?
To apply for free school meals please visit https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims/apply and complete the online application form.