Our main role is to challenge and support the Head Teacher and the staff; the term often used to describe this role is ‘critical friend’. We work together as a team under the leadership of the Chair of Governors and are the School’s accountable body; as such we:
- set the strategic direction, policies and objectives.
- approve the school budget.
- appoint, challenge and support the Head Teacher.
- monitor and evaluate the work of the School by reviewing: the performance of the Head Teacher; the effectiveness of the policy framework; progress towards targets; the effectiveness of the School Development Plan (a copy of which is on the Parents’ page).
- complete a self-evaluation process and respond to Ofsted reports.
- hold the Head Teacher to account for the performance of the School and ensure that parents are involved, consulted and informed as appropriate.
If you want to find out more about what school governors do, please click on the link below.