If you are in receipt of one of the below benefits, you may entitled to Pupil Premium funding.
- Income Support;
- Employment & Support Allowance – Income related;
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance (NOT Contribution Based JSA);
- Child Tax Credit only (with a combined family income of less than £16,190 per annum as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) Please note, anyone receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, will NOT qualify for FSMs;
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit;
- Universal Credit;
- National Asylum Seekers Support (NASS);
- Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit; or
- if a child has ever been in local authority care or has a parent who is serving in the armed forces.
At Monkston Primary School we use the Pupil Premium funding for the following initiatives:
- smaller class sizes in years 2, 5 and 6 allowing for PP children to receive targeted support from the class teacher;
- interventions across EYFS, KS1 and KS2 to support reading, writing and maths to boost progress and ensure pupils are meeting age related expectations;
- year 6 after school tuition groups in English and maths;
- enrichment opportunities for all PP children to attend Year 4 and Year 6 residential at a heavily subsidised rate;
- all school trips are fully funded for PP children ensuring they take part in enriching curriculum activities;
- music tuition for pupils in Year 3 – 6 is fully funded;
- PP children are entitled to half price early bird club and after school club fees;
- PP children are entitled to half price after school club activities if a fee is applicable; and
- 1:1 Play therapy can be provided for pupils with significant emotional / well-being needs.
How do I apply?
You can register and find out if your child is eligible by visiting the Citizens Portal
The system is quick and simple to use and can be accessed via a smartphone or hand held device. If you qualify, please show the Application Summary to your school on your smartphone or print a copy for your school.
Please register with the portal, even if you have applied and been unsuccessful in the past. By doing so we will have your contact details and can inform you straight away if your eligibility changes.
If you have any queries, please contact the school office who will be happy to help.